Selling a Property
If you are selling a property, the Conveyancing team here at Vincents are on hand to help you through the process to ensure a smooth sale through to completion.
We provide a reliable, efficient and friendly service to all of our clients and we won’t charge the earth for it.
What is the process when selling a property?
- We’ve set out below what the stages of the selling a property are and what we’ll be doing to ensure that completion of the sale happens when you want it to. We can also handle all of the conveyancing if you’re buying a new property to make sure that both happen seamlessly on the same day.
- Most clients sell their property through an agent. When a sale is agreed, it is at this point you will need to appoint us.
- We will ask you to complete a number of forms relating to the property. These forms will also deal with the fixtures and fittings. We will also require your identification documents and your deeds (this is extremely important if the property has not been registered at the Land Registry).
- When we have received everything from you we will prepare the draft contract and send this, together with any deeds and documents to the buyer’s Solicitor.
- If you have a mortgage secured on the property you are selling, we will also ask for the account number and we will obtain from your lender a statement setting out what you currently owe on the mortgage.
- The buyer’s Solicitor will review, approve the contract and order the searches. At this point the buyer’s Solicitor will raise any enquiries they or the buyer may have. We will deal with as many questions as we can but some may require assistance from you. We will also ask you to sign the draft contract.
- When the buyer’s Solicitor has received all the replies, the searches, and mortgage offer (if required) we will discus exchange of contracts. A date for completion will need to be agreed in advance of exchange, between all the parties in the chain.
- When a completion date is agreed we will exchange. This means that you are legally bound to sell the property to the buyer. If you pull out of the transaction after this point you will incur financial penalties.
- Prior to completion you will be asked to sign a Transfer Deed (TR1). This is the Deed confirming that you will transfer ownership over to the buyer. We will hold this until we receive the money from the Solicitor on the day of completion.
- On the day of completion we will receive the balance of funds for the purchase. If you have a mortgage we will repay this in full from the funds along with our fees and the cost of any other disbursements and send you the balance of the sale proceeds.
If you would like to discuss the sale of your property please do not hesitate to call us on 0800 310 2000 or enquire online here.
For any enquiries regarding
Selling a Property
please contact our
01772 555 176